BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, 14 May 2011

Pasar Malam! Streets of Malaysia, #2

PASAR MALAM! YUMYUMYUM!

or known as 'night market' in English is the best place to get foooooooood! Pasar Malam can be found on the streets of Malaysia, in every state.. I think.

There is a night market about 5 minutes away from my house that operates every week on Wednesday evenings selling food and vegetables. I've been going there ever since I was a kid. I would always go to stall that sells Kelantanese dishes. My personal favourite would be the stall's Nasi Dagang and Kerabu with fried fish in flour. Then, I would walk to the opposite stall to buy 'apom balik' or known as peanut cake in English and pick up a piece. Later on, my mother and I would walk to the vegetables stall to buy some fresh vegetables. I would then take a stroll to the snack stall selling peanuts and crackers to buy and bring snacks to school to share with my friends. Lastly, I would go to the soya stall to buy soy custards (YUMM!).

Apom Balik! 

(Source: http://i.cdn.cnngo.com/)

A full set dish of Nasi Kerabu.

(Source: rieainasakri.blogspot.com)

Delicious aye?

Well, those were the things I bought every Wednesday as a routine but not anymore. Two things I'm still loyal buying in a night market up to this day are the Nasi Dagang with fried fish in flour and the soya custards. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to snap any pictures from the night market as I haven't been there for weeks.

A night market doesn't necessarily sells food. I've been to the night market in Taman Tun Dr. Ismail when I was younger and ohh my, I remember the market was hugeeee! That was where I bought my hair comb which lasted for more than 6 years. I remember buying video tapes of the Power Rangers series as well and little knick knacks while my mother was shopping for food. Other than that, clothes were also sold and I think they still do up to this day.

Writing this post is making me having the urge to go to a night market. Oh well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment